Accountants Plus can help you as your business grows. We can do much more than just PAYE and tax returns.
By assisting you with tasks like Annual Accounts Preparation, Auditing, Bookkeeping, Company Secretarial and Management Accounts and Information, Accountants Plus can make each of these steps easier for you and free up your time.
Ask yourself, is spending hours and hours filling in a tax return a good use of your time?
For example, let’s say you spend 10 hours filling in your tax forms, and your hourly rate is £70 per hour. Well, you’ve just lost £700 by filling in your form. Then there’s the risk that you’ve filled in the forms incorrectly. Business owners are busy people; we all know that mistakes can happen when we don’t have the time to focus on what we’re doing.
When you no longer need to fill in forms, you can concentrate on the more important task of running your business, safe in the knowledge that an expert is taking care of your finances.
Annual Accounts Preparation
- Accountants Plus can:
- Prepare accounts to help in the completion of self-assessment tax returns;
- Produce financial statements to file at Companies House and abbreviated accounts to ensure the minimum amount of your financial information is made public.
Accounts are prepared to agreed timescales and deadlines. But we can do more than just report the history of what’s happened.
Accountants Plus can:
- Identify areas where we can assist in minimising your tax liability;
- Identify areas of the business that give you the most opportunity to make improvements;
- Use the accounts to help you measure where you are in meeting your goals and what actions you need to take.
We take the time to explain your accounts to you so that you understand what is going on financially within your business, helping you to plan for the future.
The main reasons why you will be required by government law to have a statutory audit are:
- Your turnover exceeds £6.5 million or your gross assets exceed £3.26 million or the company is part of a group that exceeds those limits;
- You are a PLC or a banking, insurance or finance company (or a subsidiary of one of these);
- You are required by your professional or trade organisation to have your accounts audited;
- Your shareholders do not agree to opt out of the audit.
Accountants Plus can advise you if you need an audit, and if not, you can save on accountancy fees.
However, we aim to deliver hassle free audits, and there are good reasons for having an audit even if you are not required by government law to have one:
- An audit involves a detailed review of the company’s accounting systems and systems of control and also requires a thorough understanding of the company’s business. Such an analysis and knowledge can provide increased opportunities to provide proactive business advice on many matters;
- An unqualified audit report can improve the status of the accounts in the eyes of banks and commercial lenders, the Taxman and suppliers who may be seeking credit references, etc;
- A history of accounts with clean audit reports can also be a factor if you ever wish to sell the company or, perhaps, take it to the market;
The possibility of fraud can be reduced, and an audit can act as a deterrent to any potential fraudster.
Let us take the stress of paperwork off your hands. We can:
- Drop off your invoices, bank statements, etc;
- We do all the processing;
- We can then easily prepare for you:
- Management Accounts;
- VAT Returns;
- Key Performance Indicators;
- End of Year Accounts;
- Estimated Tax Liabilities as you go along, so there’s no end of year surprises;
- You pick up the records and all the information we’ve agreed to provide you with neatly filed and organised.
It also makes it easy for us to handle any VAT inspections.
- We can help you fulfill this role and offer the following services:
- Registered office facilities;
- Maintenance of statutory registers;
- Submission of statutory documents;
- Giving notice of General Meetings;
- Drafting agendas for company meetings;
- Preparing Minutes of Meetings;
- Completion of share transfer forms;
- Preparation of share certificates;
- Carrying out company searches;
- Filing of Annual Return;
- Acting as Company Secretary;
- General Company Law advice;
- Advice on the protection of minority interests.
Management Accounts and Information
- Up to date, relevant and quickly produced management information allows you to make the right decisions.
- Our management accounts and information services include…
- Monthly or quarterly management accounts;
- Reporting of key performance indicators that are the underlying drivers that run your business;
- Help with in-house systems for you to produce your own information;
- Training on how to get the most out of your information;
- Supplying management information to lenders;
- Branch/Divisional results;
- Actual performance compared to budget and/or comparative periods;
- Costing information, including break-even turnover levels.